Sharp poke in back of neck

Hi Dr. Shannon, I was having dinner at a restaurant and suddenly felt a sharpbpokevib my neck. I have so much anxiety now that the lady who was walking by nay have poked me with something that could have been tainted with HIV blood. When u got home I saw a stain on the back of my shirt whereby felt the poke. The stain is jot necessarily flared as in blood but is more orange in shade. Please newer my question. Has HIV EVER BEEN SPREAD LIKE THIS??? Shall I get tested?? I pretty much hd an anxiety attack when I got home and saw the stain. Please advise me. What tests shall I take? Please help me. Thanks

Hi There is no risk of HIV transmission in this way. HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles.

In order for HIV transmission to occur through needles is because of the fluid in the syringe which is why injection drug users have a higher risk of transmission. Just receiving a poke or scrape does not pose a risk. As there has to be a significant amount of blood or fluid on whatever you poked you.

If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

No reason to be concerned about your situation and HIV transmission.

kissing and precum
Dental again