Leak from the base
Oct 28, 2013
Dear Shannon, If a man had protected sex with a woman, after ejaculation continued to thrust. The penis get weak, this results to leak from the base of the condom. Does the man risk getting HIV? I was told the HIV virus can transmit between the male and female fluid even if the contact is outside the vagina. Thank you.
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The person more at risk at this point is the woman. As the fluid leaking out would then be entering her vaginal area and could be exposing her. If the man does not have any sores or cuts on his penis or his groin area the risk of transmission is incredibly low. For fluid interaction outside of the vagina again would not present a high risk for transmission.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
- Can You Get Anything Sucking Someone's Cock Without A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.