Uninffected

Sir, I had sex and some time oral sex with my wife like three times, which am sure before then she is negative, and I am on Truvada and Efavirenz and my last CD4 was about 600 plus, what is the chances of infecting her? please help me.

Thank you.

Hi A couple things here, first it's great you are on treatment and you have a high CD4 count, you should also have an undetectable viral load. This in a sexual contact is more important than the CD4 count. The lower the viral load the lower the risk becomes of transmitting the virus. Also, when having vaginal sex I hope you are using condoms, if not again the lower your viral load the lower the risk of transmission. Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. My husband is negative and I'm positive. He gets tested about every 6 months or so. We make sure that I take my meds, my viral load stays undetectable and that we are safe.

I hope this helps.

Question about HIV Transmisison
Dying