really scared about something

hi doc.... last week I've been involved in a threesome of a girl and a man with unknown hiv status ... I didn't have sexual intercourse but she started touching his penis and with the same hand she touched mine... I don't know if there was precum in her hand...I'm very scared could you help me please... Thank you

Hi HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted. HIV transmission through fingering and hand jobs is highly unlikely. Due to the circumstances listed above. That the exchange of body fluid has to be prolong and direct and there has to be a significant amount of fluid involved. There would also need to be open areas, cuts or sores on the penis.

The likelihood is highly unlikely. Also remember though that other sexually transmitted infections are out there and HIV is not the only one to be cautious about. Especially when engaging with multiple partners the risk increases.

Heterosexual transmission
Laundry soap bottle risk