PLEASE SHANNON

I had protected sexual intercourse(with condom) with my Hiv girlfriend and after a while experience rashes on my toes and palm ,burning sensation and fever which later disappeared,later on i discovered patches on my back which a doctor said was a fungal infection and i also later experienced swollen lymph nodes on my neck,armpit and groin,i had Hiv test done on the several weeks and they were negative and i did the last test on the 92 days( after 13weeks) and it appeared negative too.should i still be worried and was my hiv test conclusive? still experiencing swollen lymph nodes in my armpit and yellowish coating of tongue.what is the conclusive hiv testing week?

Hi First your girlfriend has HIV she is not HIV. Next, condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Condoms don't always prevent other sexually transmitted infections. You may want to have a full STI screening to ensure there is nothing else going on. As for testing, the guidelines are to be tested at 90 days post exposure and as long as there are no other exposures during this time the results are considered conclusive.

Medications and test
For Shannon-about thyroid therapy