Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

PLEASE SHANNON
Oct 27, 2013

I had protected sexual intercourse(with condom) with my Hiv girlfriend and after a while experience rashes on my toes and palm ,burning sensation and fever which later disappeared,later on i discovered patches on my back which a doctor said was a fungal infection and i also later experienced swollen lymph nodes on my neck,armpit and groin,i had Hiv test done on the several weeks and they were negative and i did the last test on the 92 days( after 13weeks) and it appeared negative too.should i still be worried and was my hiv test conclusive? still experiencing swollen lymph nodes in my armpit and yellowish coating of tongue.what is the conclusive hiv testing week?

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi First your girlfriend has HIV she is not HIV. Next, condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Condoms don't always prevent other sexually transmitted infections. You may want to have a full STI screening to ensure there is nothing else going on. As for testing, the guidelines are to be tested at 90 days post exposure and as long as there are no other exposures during this time the results are considered conclusive.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Medications and test
Next
For Shannon-about thyroid therapy

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.