fear of new hiv strain

Dear Shannon, ive been on holiday in russia this summer and am a single male.During my long holiday, i met up with a female who was into the practice of dominatrix.She whipped me once just to staisfy my curiosity and a whelk was produced on my back which bled, though i was only gently whipped several times on the back.My friend then wiped the inflammation with a cotton wool patch containing some antiseptic and the sore dried within minutes.However, i was horrified to read that whipping, flogging can transmit hiv in theory (though it would be extremley likely to occur in reality owing to the fact that once the virus is exposed to air it dies within seconds so if the previous client had been whipped and had hiv then even if the whip wasnt cleaned after use it would be extemely unlikely to get infected.) I still think this warrants the hiv test which i had 30 days post exposure for HIV Antibodys and for hepatitus B And C ( a much higher risk from this activity).To trouble me further, i read on your site a new hiv strain in russia has been discovered which is far more hardy than the types we are used to dealing with here.therefore, if this new agressive hiv strain discovered in russia is now infecting people in Russia then surely the risks of me aqcuiring the hiv virus are much greater if i had come into contact through an open wound to dried blood or blood lymph containing the new hiv virus.Its a pity i had not discovered your site before going on holiday as its such a useful and informative database , but when i got tested the nurse laughed thinking i was worrying unecessarily about a couple of lashes of a whip but i just think a risk is a risk, no matter how small i just need to know for sure- please advise

Hi I'm sorry first that the nurse laughed when you told her about your experience. You are there to ensure you are staying on top of your health and no matter the risk level taking charge of your health is not a laughing matter. HIV transmission occurs when there is a direct and prolonged exchange of body fluid. The strain of HIV doesn't change how transmission occurs. HIV does die once it is outside of the body and is unable to infect. Your risk from the whipping is incredibly low to no risk.

Continue to stay on top of your health and asking the questions that you are.

dr shanon pleae help me..
Condom broke 2nd time question pllz help:(