Really worried

I got out of my car at grocery store a man that was smoking spit a large amount hit my face including my eye. I noticed when wiping my eye on napkin it had a pink color. Im hoping it was not blood. Would I be at risk for hiv in this situation if there was blood and the person was hiv positive? Are there a lot of cases of blood splash to eye cases? I know my situation is different from a splash because it has saliva but I'm just curious. Thanks soooo much for your help.

Hi The overall risk is incredibly low to no risk. There would have to be a signficant amount of blood not just a minute amount. And it would have to be a prolonged contact. There are very few cases of individuals being infected through splash and those that did get it from that are in the medical field and again had a large volume of blood that splashed.

You are HIV free from this experience.

Concentration of HIV in pre cum
Fear of HIV through tip of penis with cum?