Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

5th time asking - please reply- very anxious
Oct 22, 2013

Hi this is the third time Im asking have got no response so far

So since i broke up with my girl, I was out of sex for a bit and started hooking up with sex workers in australia. had 4 encounters. it was with condoms they provided. I had sex with each girl about 2 times in one encounter lasting about a minute or 2 inside them with the condom and condom never tore. however sometimes they would give me oral sex with the condom on and then i would use the same condom while having sex. Im just worried because their status is unknown and although i know they are supposed to get 3 monthly tests, im worried on account of this.

Sometimes i would get a massage with her on my back and i could feel her fluids - im not sure if they would have gone in my ass crack.

Do i need to get tested. and is safe sex with sex worker safe or should it be avoided?

I also know that a test should be done 12 weeks from last risky encounter. Is 4 weeks also somewhat accurate?

Please reply.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi First, oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission and carries no risk with condom use. Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. So having protected sex carries low risk as well. As long as the condom was still on and not torn which you state it was not going from oral sex to intercourse you still had the needed protection. Your risk of having sex with someone who has multiple partners does increase but again as long as you use condoms and continue to protect yourself your risk decreases.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Need confirmation
Next
Back of stud

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.