Washing vagina after sex
Oct 20, 2013
Does washing vagina after sex lower risk of HIV infection?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi For women, HIV transmission occurs inside of us. As the man ejaculates or fluid gets into our vagina the body absorbs the fluid in and that is how HIV is transmitted to women. Cleaning the outside of the vagina is a great thing to do to protect against other bacterias or viruses but it will not protect against anything that has entered into the body. Just as cleaning will not prevent from pregnancy.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Doctor Look At Hematology And Tell If You Have Hiv?
- What Causes Severe Vaginal Bleeding, Large Clots, Chills, Shivering, Abdominal And Leg Pain?
- How Long Does Oxandrolone Take To Work?
- How Much Does Nevirapine Cost?
- How Much Does Sculptra Cost?
- Dealing With Diarrhea When You Are Hiv Positive
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.