Dr. shannon please help.

Hi Dr. Please am looking for your help. Sorry for my poor english. I live in central africa but I am from middle east. I have a girlfriend for 4 years together and she discovered that she is hiv+ on 13/9/2013 after she did the test. I think is rapid test .She immediately told me so I went the next day to do my test and it was negative. I did another test after 2weeks also negative. The last time we had unprotected sex was one week before she made the test. Is it possible that I will be negative? Is it possible that her test was fault coz she was having menstrual problems and she was talking some drugs? I heard about cure for hiv (hoo-imm) is it true? Am having headache since 10days but no fever, is it a symptom? Thank you.

Hi I'm sorry to hear that you are going through all of this but am glad to see the steps you are taking to keep your girlfriend happy and you HIV free. Wearing condoms is the most effective way to protect yourself. Testing guidelines are to get tested 90 days after exposure and as long as there are no other exposures during this time the test results are conclusive. I would recommend that you get tested one more time at the 90 day mark. Making sure your girlfriend is in care and on medications is the best way to keep you both healthy. We know that someone on HIV medications and having an undetectable viral load can reduce the risk of transmission by up to 96%. It is also more difficult for a woman to transmit the virus to a man, it does occur just not as easy as man to woman. I'm positive and my husband is negative, we do all that we can to ensure he stays healthy and he gets tested about every 6 months.

Really strange question
Makeup counter