Concerned about deep glass cut on finger...

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to read my question. I am sick to my stomach with worry over an incident that happened at work. I cut my index finger very deep with glass two days ago. The cut still burns when I wash with soap and water or put alcohol or hand sanitizer on. Today that particular finger came in contact with a co-worker's hands that had a fresh cut/blood. My question is even though my cut is deep and not healed completely, is two days long enough for the body to have started to heal well enough to put a barrier between my open cut and my blood stream. I am very worried and upset that I did not have my cut covered with a Band-Aid. Can you please help me? Even though my cut is deep(it probably could have been stitched), there is no active bleeding from the wound today. Could my co-worker's blood have made its way into my blood stream. I know a lot of the doctors on here say it has to be direct, prolonged exposure with a fresh wound, but I can not stop worrying.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Hi I agree with the information that you are seeing on here. There needs to be a direct and prolong exposure. Transmission of HIV requires massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid for a prolonged period of time. The risk of HIV transmission from your exposure is incredibly low. I would move forward and make sure that you cover your wound until it is healed, not only to give it a chance to heal completely, but also keep other bacterias from getting in to complicate the healing process.

Worried - Condom Slipped Off
Really strange question