Worried - Condom Slipped Off
Oct 13, 2013
Good day. Very worried over this, the scenario is:
- A "possible" HIV positive guy have vaginal intercourse with a girl who is HIV negative. - The guy used a condom. But it slipped off before the ejaculation - The girl did touch the penis for a while, to help the penis to erect, before slipping back the same condom and resume intercourse for the next 5 minutes until ejaculation.
Question is the girl hands may have touch the precum fluid on the penis when the condom slipped off, and when she help to put the condom back on, the precum fluid may reside on the outer condom. When resuming intercourse, won't the girl be in danger of contracting HIV through the precum fluid? Is this low risk or high risk? Test warranted?
Thank you. Regards, Worried Soul
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The risk is there but it is very low. HIV is present in pre cum. The one thing that has been seen in research is that if the person who is positive is on medication and has an undetectable viral load the risk of HIV transmission can be reduced by up to 97%.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Black Spots After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.