What is the possibility of contracting HIV/Aids from dry blood?

Today at school I sat down at a desk and realized that there was a droplet of what appeared to be either dry blood or mayeb dried coffee. What alarmed me was a. the fact I didn't know what it was and b. I have a small cut on my arm and I don't know if it touched the mysterious substance. My question is... what is the liklihood of attracting hiv/aids from it? I was able to scrape it off the desk and it did crumble together, is that a sign of dried blood? I really need help calming my fear. Thank you!

Hi There is no risk of HIV transmission from your experience. If it were blood containing HIV with it being dry means it has been there for awhile and HIV once it is outside of the body begins to die and not able to infect. HIV transmission occurs when there is a direct exchange of body fluid, blood, semen, vaginal fluid or mother to child through breast milk. The most common way for these exchanges to happen is through unprotected anal or vaginal sex. Getting HIV from casual contact, sharing utensils, hand shaking, kissing etc cannot transmit HIV.

Potent and strong medications
Worried - Condom Slipped Off