|Potent and strong medications
Oct 13, 2013
Hello! Hope that you are fine. I have some questions. If person is on current therapy with potent or strong medications, like cancer medications, chemotherapy, HCV medications or some other similar strong medications, can that person go to test hiv on standard antibody only hiv test and get reliable result, if window period was over long time ago, for example, last risk was more than 3 years ago? Thanks
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi None of those would cause for an inaccurate test results. What the test is looking for is the body building antibodies against HIV. Most especially if the possible exposure was 3 years ago and you are testing negative, you are HIV free!
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.