Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

after91 day anti body negative test
Oct 13, 2013

Hi. DR. h r u.i need u r help.sir while doing sex with a call girl my condom was brocken.then I go for some tests.. 1.hiv rna pcr at 7t day after contact. 2.28th day western bolt. 3.hiv rna pcr at 65th day. 4.now my 91day anti body test. all was negative. But still im felling some problems like joint pain or very much dry mouth or toung and itching. ..why is this .is these hiv symptoms. ..im so worried and can live a normal life .there is something fear in my mind..can I go for more hiv testing..is this possible that a negative ab test after 91day the result can chang after some time. Plz help why im feeling this...

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi The testing recommendations are to be tested 90 days after the possible exposure and as long as no other exposures occurred during this time the test results are conclusive. There are other infections out there that can cause the symptoms you are experiencing. If they continue I would recommend that you follow up with your health care provider for further evaluation. But again with your testing history and from you have told me you are HIV free.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Thank you Shannon
Next
SHANNON YOU ARE THE BEST!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.