Ulcer in mouth:*

Thanks for previous replies. I had a scratch from needle in hospital a 9 days before . Now Ulcer appear in my mouth since 3 days , Now its the 3nd ulcer in mouth , when the ulcer heal alittle bit another ulcer appear inside my cheek . It make me worried as i read in many places that mouth ulcers can be the symptoms for primary Hiv infection. Would you please tell me that , if ulcer are related to hiv , then is it possible to have only one ulcer in mouth or there will be many ulcers in mout if it is because of hiv ?:*

Hi There are many reasons you can have ulcers in your mouth. A scratch from a needle carries an incredibly low risk for HIV transmission. If this was your only "exposure", your risk of HIV is incredibly low. Ulcers in your mouth can be cause by other virus's, bacterias, poor dental hygiene, food can cause ulcers. If they continue I would recommend seeing your health care provider for evaluation and treatment if necessary.

PEP effectiveness at 39 hours
Tainted food