Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Really scared, Dr.David ..Plz help... Posting Third time..
Oct 12, 2013

Dr.David.. Sorry for the long post. I am male 30 years old Indian. Had a protected vaginal sex with one girl with unknown HIV status during 11th of August 2013 for 3 times after that I had a foreplay without protection keeping pennis on her vagina without Inserting / penetration into the vagina for 5 minutes but during that event my foreskin pulled back. I am totally convinced on my protected vaginal sex and bit worried on my unprotected foreplay and believing that some of the vaginal precum fluids may entered through my uthrea. My anxiety starts since I got mild fever (38 degree) on September 9th 2013 exactly 28th day evening which exixts for one night after putting antibiotic injection after two days I faced fatigue exixts for 2 days and after 2 days I had mild sore throat with dry mouth exists for one day and after 3 days I faced diarrhea 2 times a day and exists for 3 days.. all these days I got small red spots rashes 10 - 20 no's which on my shoulders and mild night sweats which only on my neck and hand elbows 1 hour after I slept. But I never faced fever on these days expect the day -1. Never faced swollen glands and swollen limb nodes up to now.

I am totally worried and got anxious and had a Standard HIV antibody rapid test for HIV -1 & 2 on my 53 th day ( i.e.: Oct 4th 2013 - 7.5 weeks from my possible exposure date) and it came as non-reactive I took western blot test on my 58th day again it came as negative.. But from Oct 5th I am getting small rashes on my hand 2 nos and in shoulders and in legs and some of them in legs are itching... 1) Kindly advise me will my 7.5 weeks standard antibody negative & negative western blot test at first day of my 9thweek (ie : 9/10/2013) will likely to change positive on my 12th week standard antibody (HIV 1 & 2) testing. My anxiety is killing me. Plz help.

Response from Dr. Wohl

Almost certainly you are HIV negative. Your exposures are unimpressive and I do not think HIV transmission is possible from what you describe. Your negative HIV test is is convincing. I think you have no need for any further testing but you will unlikely heed such advice and will remain anxious until your test is negative at 12 weeks.

DW

Previous
Is a hiv test 10 weeks 4 weeks post pep reassuring? Can I stop being stressed and get some sleep now?
Next
Need for your help!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.