PREGNANT woman- TAKING LEVOTYROXIN
Oct 12, 2013
Hi dr I have done eclia hiv test ag/ab. It was negative. I am taking daily 75 mg of levotyroxin (euthyrox) for my thyroid. I am taking it since one year back and in the time of test. Does this medicine affect any part of ag/ab test or immune response to hiv virus? My last risk was 5 years before test. Thank you.
Response from Dr. Wohl
No. No routinely used medication can interfere with HIV testing. You had both an antibody and antigen test. Nothing can make your body not produce antibodies AND somehow hide the virus present.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Gonorrhea Go Away On Its Own?
- Why Do People Get Shingles?
- When Would Know If You Have Herpes After Coming In Contact?
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Herpes And Mouth Blisters?
- What Precautions Can You Take If Someone Has Herpes?
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.