Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Fear of hiv symptoms
Oct 11, 2013

Mam,

I was at my friends hostel last week. In the morning when i was sitting on the toilet rim my penis touched the toilet rim for less than a minute. After that i had a masturbation by wearing a condom. I weared the condom after my penis touched the toilet rim. My masturbation lasted for about 5 minutes. After that i had washed off the condom lubrications using a soap. I didn't sensed a cut or wound on my penis. After that i became anxious about that happening that whether my friend's semen was on the rim and my penis touched would lead to a hiv infection. After that many symtoms were developed that i'll brief you:

It was actually on 28th august wednesday morning i did it. After exactly a week there was a pus pocket just above my genital in the pubic hair region i know it is not a symptom at all. At the same time a had a sore on the gum which lasted for less than 5 days. And a discomfort on the head began on 5th september it was a new felling to me a headache like sensation not too painful but resembeled like someone squeezing my head from both sides.It sustained through out the day and there was no proble when i'm playing badminton in the evening. It lasted exactly for a week( till 12th september). The nextday ( 13th september ) at about 11 in the morning i started developing a discomfort in the throat, it was like some scratches in the throat. It too was not severe and i was alright by 3 in the evening. The nextday ( 14th september ). There was absolutely no problem with the throat but segan to develop same sing of throat infection at about 9 in the morning. At about 11 in the morning there was some itch sensation on my right hand and a small rashes began to develop there. During that time i had no throat infections. The rashes too caused itching for 1 hour. After that in the afternoon the throat sore cameback in action. It was there till in the evening. Again the next day (15th september) morning there was no problem with the throat but began at about 9 in the morning. But it felt lower than that of yesterdays. And there was no problem with the rashes on the hand but a small traces ( very less ) of that was present on the hand and occassionally feeling the itching. And from 16 th september the headache reappeared. After it lasted for 3 day i went to consult a doctor on 20 th september. He told the headache was due to stress and gave me some tablets after that i felt better. But the sore throat i had was making me depressed. I too know there is no possibilities of infection. But these symtoms one after the other is making me depressed. What could be the reason? Was it due to my mental stress? Please help me. Awaiting your replay soon..

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi You cannot get HIV from masturbation and if there were semen on the toilet rim, once HIV leaves the body it begins to die and becomes unable to infect. Your symptoms can be from a variety of different reasons but it is not from your experience with the hostel, toilet seat and masturbating. HIV transmission occurs when there is a direct exchange of body fluid, blood, semen or vaginal fluid this most commonly through unprotected anal or vaginal sex.

If you symptoms continue I recommend that you follow up with your health care provider for evaluation but again it is not HIV from your experience.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Sat on a lot of blood spill?
Next
Worried...regretting what I've done

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.