|More testing needed?
Oct 10, 2013
I am wondering if I need to test at 6 months. I had an oral encounter ( I gave oral and swallowed) with a guy that said he was negative. I later found out he told a friend of mine he was positive. I was unable to make contact with him so I went to the ER and was put in pep (truvada) for 28 days. After my course of pep I made contact with this person again and he told me he wasn't positive and apologized. I guess I have no way of really knowing his status. Just had my 3 month post exposure test and it was negative. Is the 6 month test still necessary or can I be confident with the 3 month result? Thank you for your time.
| Response from Mr. Cordova
90 days is sufficient enough time. More importantly, your risk was very low, and testing is not warranted.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Afraid I Have AIDS
- Blisters After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.