5 months post PEP & HIV tests

Hi Doc Richard, Hope you are well and thanks to you all for this helpful forum. I'm only 8 days away from my six months mark post exposure (5 months post PEP). My last HIV test was done four and half months post exposure and they told me that i had no HIV since it was negative. Should i go for my six months test or i should just rely on what our HIV counselor told me? Have you heard of any situation where a negative HIV test at four and half months post exposure can turn positive at six months post exposure? I need your help because anxiety is eating me up. Thanks in advance.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

You do not need a six-month test. 90 days is sufficient. If someone were to be experiencing an acute Hepatitis C infection then it *could* take up to six-months for the body to produce enough antibodies that can be detected by a test.

Unless you were sharing needles or involved in extremely rough sexual play (where there blood involved) at the same time as the incident in question I would not be concerned because that scenario would not apply to you.

If you feel you need to test at the six-month mark for your peace of mind, then go for it.

In health,

Richard

Indeterminate result, scared please help!
after91 day anti body negative test