swallon testis

Dear sir, I had a unprotected sex before a month now i had a pain in both of the testicles but the pain is not permanent its coming and disappers and i have a light pain in my lower abdomen iam not having any swellings in lymph nodes ,groin etc.... is the swollen of testicles is a sign of HIV pls reply me I am very afraid of it

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. Those symptoms are not HIV-related. However, it is possible that it could be Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, or NGU. I would suggest a full STD screening to be safe. Be sure they do a Syphilis test as well.

Since you did not use a condom the risk of HIV transmission was present. When you go in for your STD screening, be sure they do an HIV test as well. You will need to go in for a second and final HIV test 90 days from the incident. Your 90 day test is considered conclusive.

As a reminder: Using a condom for each and every act of vaginal or anal sex is the best way to protect yourself from HIV and other STD's.

In health,

Richard

Broken condom with a sex worker
so worry