Broken condom with a sex worker

HI Doctor,

10 days ago I had a protected vaginal sex with a sex worker (female) in massage parlor in Seoul, Korea.

Unfortunately, after ejaculation I withdrew and noticed a some semen dropping out of the condom = condom got broken (I haven't checked for the hole's size but definitely it was my fluid).

Answering to my question, the girl calmly said she is healthy and regularly going under HIV tests.

My concern is I cannot really rely on this and on top of that, 8 days after the episode I began to suffer from mild diarrhea, and a mild ache on my right chest and shoulder muscle/underarm - which is gone by now along with light dizziness and nausea and I woke up tired in the mornings.

I do not know if I should relate it to ARS, Anxiety or Jet Lag (Although I had full nights sleeps).

Please advise,

Thanks!

D

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi D,

Typically a condom will burst when it tears making it easy to see when it has broken. I say that only because I am wondering if perhaps the fluid you saw was hers.

Either way, your symptoms are not HIV-related, and the risk itself was low. This was a one-time occurrence, you were the insertive partner and even if the condom did break you started out wearing one. The time you would have been exposed to your partners fluids would be minimized.

I do not think this situation warrants testing. You can wait until your regularly scheduled 6-month or annual screening. If you don't get screened for all STD's including HIV at least once a year (and preferably every six months), please start.

In health,

Richard

Vaginsl simulation with small cut in finger
swallon testis