Oct 8, 2013
I had unprotected sex and, 57 days after it, I got tested. It was an Ag/Ab test. Is it conclusive, as the window period for fourth generation tests is 30 days? Must I worry about false negatives? What are the chances of having a false negative? Must I get tested again?
| Response from Mr. Cordova
Thanks for writing in. Some will cite the 30 day window as being conclusive. At this time, I consider 90 days the point at which you can get a conclusive result. However, if you tested negative at 30 days I would not expect that result to change, and would suggest the 90 day test as a matter of precaution.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Swallowing Cum?
- Can Someone Get HIV From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can You Catch HIV From Licking Genital?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Oral Sex Form Sex Worker
- Do People Get HIV From Breast Sucking?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.