Negative HIV test but might have oral thrush. Am I HIV free?
Oct 8, 2013
So today I received my results for all STD's. Everything came back negative, including HIV. I had unprotected sex back in march and went to get tested in july (just over 4 months). I recently noticed white spots on the back of my tongue and think it could be oral thrush. Is it possible that I have HIV even though my test was negative? Just to note, I am a straight male. Please help! Thank you.
Response from Mr. Cordova
The white spots on your tongue are not HIV-related. If they do not go away on their own, a visit to your doctor might be in order. You can trust the results of your test. You are HIV negative from this incident.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stress Cause A Abnormal Pap Smear
- What Age Group Is More Likely To Have Or Catch Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.