HIV stripper - please please respond. Posted many times.

Hi, I am a male and about 15 months back I received unprotected oral sex from a stripper. 4 weeks from then I had fever and swollen lymph nodes. I also tingling sensation on the penis right after the exposure for about a week and had the same few weeks later. I got early detection tests done for HIV and herpes 32 hours post exposure - HIV came negative and herpes was equivocal. I have had 4-5 Hiv antibody tests done from then and all have been negative. The most recent one was at 15th month HIV 3rd generation Antibody test (HIV-1 Antibody and HIV 1/O/2 Abs, Qual) which also came back negative. I got tested for all STD's which came back negative. I got tested for HIV and herpes at 7 months post exposure which also came back negative.

For the past 2 months I have been having chest pain, shortness of breath and constant diarrhea and intermittent dry cough. Shortness of breath has been constant and I do not have any nasal congestion or sinus issues. I feel dull pain near my ribs, chest and abdomen when the breathing issue increases. My PCP has done EKG, chest xray and some blood tests and has no reasoning for this. Please please please help me. I am so worried about this being HIV and it not showing up on my tests. I have read on forums that tests after 6 months are conclusive but these symptoms without explanation are terrifying. I have a family and this stupidity that I did is killing me. I am so worried about them. Please advise.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

You are HIV negative from this incident. Even if you hadn't been tested numerous times outside of the 90 day window I would have still asserted that you were HIV negative from this incident.

Why?

Because the risk was minimal. In fact, it is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero.

But back to the tests....You were tested well outside of the 90 day window. You are HIV negative from this incident.

At the end of your question you state: "I have a family and this stupidity that I did is killing me. I am so worried about them".

What I really think is happening is that you are feeling extremely bad about what happened and it's causing you physical symptoms. I would suggest talking to a mental health professional or at the very least a trusted friend. Talking through how you are feeling about the situation may provide the relief you are looking for. It is not HIV.

In health,

Richard

get hiv hafter girl touch her vagina then lick hand and gave me BJ
aids