The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Condoms and abrasions

Oct 8, 2013

Dear Dr, I am writing to ask your advice on this matter. I am a 21 year old Gay (Top) hiv negative and my boyfriend a 18 year old Gay (bottom)hiv positive and have a undetectable viral load and he is on meds.What I notice when we having sex I do use a condom but after sex I get slight abrasions on my penis skin like a tear or something. My penis is uncut..Is this normal because after sex I do check the condoms for breakage which there is none...As well in sex I love my boyfriend to shoot cum all over my chest is this a safe practice..I appreciate your answer

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. Friction is a normal part of intercourse, an abrasion on your penis isn't that far-fetched. Since there has been no breakage, your condom usage has been protecting you from HIV transmission. To reduce the likelihood of getting abrasions in the future, I would suggest a drop or two of lube in the reservoir of the condom. Not only will it help reduce the friction, but it also makes intercourse feel a lot more pleasurable. It's a win-win!

As long as you have no cuts or abrasions on your chest I don't see any reason why you can't let your boyfriend ejaculate on your chest.

Thank you both for being role models to our community. More people need to know that HIV negative people can have healthy, loving, and sex-filled relationships with HIV positive people.

In health,


hiv and the breast
plz plz fouth time i sent on oral sex

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint