Please Help

Dear sir, about 2 years ago, I had my first and only protected sex with a protitute in China. The condom is used consistentlt and correctly. I got tested at 6 months with negative results. But I konw condom is not 100%and antibody test is not 100% too, so I have the following questions: 1. Have you heared that someone who is infected by his first and only protected sex? I know there is someone who is infected by only one time of unprotected sex. 2. After 2000, have you heared that someone who has a window peoriod longer than 2 years? If no, then I want to take my 2 years test. 3. Have you heared that someone who is infected through protected sex has delayed seroconversion longer than 3 months? I know there is someone who is infected through protected sex. And I konw there is someone who has delayed seroconversion longer than 6 months. Thank you Dr.

There is NO way to get HIV if a condom was used and did not break. This event could not have transmitted HIV.

To answer your specific question:

1. The virus does not know it is your first time. If conditions are right (no condom, infectious partner, risky exposure) infection can happen.

2. The window period is measured in weeks, not years and with newer tests, it is really days.

3. See number 2.

Dr. Wohl, gave protected oral sex and other miscellaneous risks
4 months unprotected sex with hiv+ women (under ART). Chances of hiv?