Dr. Wohl, gave protected oral sex and other miscellaneous risks

Hi Dr. Wohl,

I have been seeing this guy for months, and he has inserted his finger in my vagina unprotected many of times. I am concerned about exposure to his pre-ejaculate or possible cuts when he fingered me. Additionally, about a month ago, I gave him oral sex, but had him wear a condom. I kept checking the condom and it seemed to be intact, however, my anxiety has got the best of me, as in the middle of it, it kind of felt like he ejaculated and something wet squirted out through condom. Although, it may have been my spit because I smelled it and it did not smell like ejaculate or anything like that. Plus when I checked the condom, it appeared intact. The room was dark, but I used my cell phone light very closely to look at the condom. Furthermore, he performed oral sex on me unprotected, which I read was not a risk on the Medhelp site. Please clarify if I am at risk from unprotected oral sex receiving, unprotected fingering, and giving oral with a condom.

Just to clarify as well, I never tasted any ejaculate fluid. I was concerned because I had been burnt by eating pizza two hours prior to giving oral sex (however, I checked the tip of the condom with my fingers and didn't see any breaks; feeling something during this act made me worried--perhaps it was my spit) Do I need to be worried? Dr. Hook and Handsfield label giving fellatio as very low risk to no risk. What is your opinion on my risks? I am always so worried to get tested even though I have been safe. I have extreme phobia of HIV and recently the guy and I have stopped seeing each other because he said he couldn't take my paranoia anymore over HIV and STDs. This phobia is ruining my life. Thank you!

None of what you describe risks HIV transmission.

Why not go together and get HIV tested. Test of other STDs as well while you are at it. If all comes out negative, you have no worries about exposure. Plus, if you guys are monogamous you can even forego condoms.

Antiviral drugs mess up test result? Dr David
Please Help