Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

adult store exposure possibilities
Sep 30, 2013

I visited an adult video store. While there a man repeatedly tried to solicit sexual activity with me. I refused and never engaged in anything. Ever since I have been worried that if this person had any body fluids (blood or semen) on his hands from whatever activities he may have been involved in, if he were to touch a DVD or the door or anything and I were to touch that same surface and then touch my mouth or my eye, would there be any risk of transmission of HIV or other STDs? This is assuming that I were to touch these objects or surfaces in the same place so that some fluid or residue got on my hand. I never noticed touching anything wet or sticky and I don't specifically recall rubbing my eyes at any point. I was very scared, the person was verbally aggressive and my hands were sweaty, so I'm worried if that sweat might play any role in making fluids (if I touched them) more susceptible to transmission? I'm just worried that if I got something on my hand without realizing it and then touched my mouth or my eyes, is there any risk, however remote, of transmission? The whole event really freaked me out.

Response from Mr. Glenn

From what you're telling me, you didn't have any risk for HIV.

For someone to get HIV there needs to be a body fluid carrying HIV (blood, semen, breast milk, vaginal fluids) coming out of someone's body and going immediately/directly inside of someone else's body.

In all you're talking about, none of that really happened.

Hope this helps,

Erik

Previous
sharing lube between two men
Next
for SHANNON

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.