Blood contact in the ER

I had to take my 11 months old boy to the emergency room after he fell last week. He was holding the metal on bed sides while beeing examined. When waiting for the doctor I noticed there was blood on one side were my child held his left hand. He had small but open scratch wounds on that hand and I am sure that the blood was not his because there was a lot of it when I had a closer look. Not sure if the blood was wet or dry. I am now very worried that my son could have contracted HIV or Hep B or C. Please help. Should I get my little boy tested? /Worried dad

Response from Mr. Glenn

Sounds like your anxiety is getting the best of you.

I understand why you're concerned, but your son would need to have fresh open cuts on his hand for blood to get inside him. Not small old scratches.

Testing doesn't sound necessary.

Hope this helps! Erik

Herpes & UTI
exposure