Herpes & UTI

I've recently developed a UTI. However, based on what I've read I've found that it could also be herpes. A partner that I had been intimate with (no completion) told me he had herpes, takes medication, but hasn't experienced any breakouts for quite some time (after the fact). Needless to say, after developing a UTI 35 days later, I'm concerned. I am currently on my last day of antibiotic for the UTI, but am scared that the UTI isn't my problem. Will the antibiotics relieve the "burning" symptoms if it is herpes? There's so much out there to read, but do I need to speak further with my doctor, because apparently a UA will not detect the virus? Any help would be appreciated.

Response from Mr. Glenn

If you got diagnosed with a UTI and the treatment is helping with that, then it sounds like you have a UTI. The treatments are not the same.

If the symptoms come back on a regular basis, then you should definitely have another conversation with your doctor to figure out what's going on.

But just because you read some things that make your case sound like Herpes, don't disregard the advice of your doctor.

Hope this helps!

Erik

HPV / AIDs
Blood contact in the ER