Taking PEP is it still worth it ?

Hello :)

Two weeks ago, I had PROTECTED sex with a guy that, I now know, goes to swing clubs. I think some of his semen got out of the condom through the base and might have gotten on my mucous membranes. I saw a lot of fluid on his penis after he pulled out (he used tissues to wipe the condoms before taking if off). I felt very wet myself, which is unusual for me, even when I orgasm. I just had my period, so this tells me, maybe, his sperm didn't get inside my vagina actually, maybe it's all in my head ?

But, I am currently experiencing mild flu-like symptoms, light fever, sensitive skin (but no rash). But I don't feel sick, no headache, no nausea either. I am not tired at all, but I do have a mild diarrhea, caused by my periods (always have one at the beginning of my periods) and by that fever. I have little appetite too. More worrying, I have a strep throat also. I think I am HIV infected. I have never had in my hole life pus in the back of my throat. The good thing is, after drinking some apple cider vinegar, the swelling went down and I am no longer in pain. But the light fever is still there.

I happen to have some PEP pills left from a previous big scare/false alert. I don't have a 28 days supply, just a 10 to 14 days supply left. I could go ask for more at my hospital (in France, it's an easy thing to do). I heard that when you have ARS symptoms, the virus is starting to duplicate. Can I still stop it, or is it useless and should I wait two more weeks to get tested without using any interfering drugs so to not flaw the results ?

I am relatively calm, but inside I am panicking. I was supposed to take care of my parents, of my mom always. How am I gonna do that if I am sick ?

Thank you for your answers and for your hard work. U.

Hi I would say that PEP is not recommended. You had protected sex which we know that Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. You say that you have strep throat, this cause whiteness and pus on your throat and makes you not feel so hot! I would continue on treatment for your strep throat. I also recommend that you do receive a full sexually transmitted screening as your partner has had multiple partners and HIV is not the only virus or infection that can be passed even with condoms.

Continue taking care of yourself, Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Semen to eye
im hiv psitive and my boyfriend is negetive