Needle scratch:*

Reply please .Yesterday blood was collected in the hospital and i got a scratch from that needle.Not sure about the status of person. The needle just scratch me and my hand bleed. The needle does not went deep in my hand . Just cut my skin around 1 mm but my hand bleed also. Do i need to worry about this if there was hiv blood collected in the needle ?

Hi The risk of HIV transmission in this manner is highly unlikely. There has to a be a prolonged and direct exchange of a significant amount of blood. A scratch from the needle does not present that situation.

sharing whistle
Window Period !! Maximum Duration ?