|coclusive or not..
Sep 29, 2013
Hellow, shall elfa 4th gen test be consider accurate after one year of possible exposure? As p24 is almost nill in this period.. So can it be trusted.. Does it look for antibodies too..
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi Yes this test looks for antibodies as well and just as accurate. The testing guidelines are to be tested initially at 3 weeks post exposure and then again at 90 days. As long as there are no other exposures during this time the test results are conclusive.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Testicular Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Do People Catch HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.