Blood smudge on the eye? Please take a look

Dr. Wohl,

A Coworker of mine was injured and I went to assist him. When I lifted him to his feet and was assisting him I may have gotten some blood on my hands. Not a lot of blood mind you as I was not soaked or covered in it by any means. I was fairly careful. Regardless several minutes later I was wiping my eye and I thought I saw blood smudged on it....you know how your skin might be slightly red if a drop of blood fell on your hand and you rubbed it away, etc.....anyways this has me concerned.

I went to my doctor and he stated I had nothing to worry about as the blood was in extremely small qualities, contact was not immediate and there is no proof the man had hiv. Lets assume for a moment the man did have hiv, I haven't seen him since the incident itself to ask, was there much risk of infection from blood in the eye here?

Any small answer will help put my mind to rest.

Thank you,

Mike

I agree with your doctor. No risk here.

Anal irritation exposure
Can i be infected ?