ucler on inner lips and possible contact to hiv virus

Hi Doc. Here is a scenario which I encountered the other day which I suspect of hiv transmission. I am very worrying for contracting the hiv virus this way. The following is my case: I have got an ucler on my lower inner lip for 2 to 3 days. It is a cut which I got hit by an elbow to my mouth when I was playing basketball. Last night, I was at a local bar filled with philipino women who are hookers. I happened to talk to them within an extremely close distance (a distance of ear to ear) which I find that some small drops of saliva might have got into my mouth when they were talking to me. As my ucler exisits as an open cut in my mouth (even when it is not bleeding), I want to know if this is a possible way of transmitting the virus. I do not know the status of the women as I had only met them. Right after I realize that the drops of saliva got into my mouth, I immdiaitely use tissues to clean my mouth and spilt out the saliva in my mouth. I do not see any blood on the tissues under the dark. Under the worst scenario, I want to know if there is blood in the tiny drops of saliva, is it possible to contract the virus through the ucler in this way. The whole process when the drops of saliva got into my mouth and the moment I use my tissue to clean my mouth and spilt is about 5 to 10 seconds. Similar scenario has happened twice during the night.

I will be very grateful for your professional answer. Please let me know if I should be tested or I should not worry since it is a no-risk incident? What is the likelihood/percentage of getting infected this way?

Thank you very much for your kind attention and time for reading this. I know it might be a stupid qusetion but I have been panicking and have lost my normal logical thinking.

K

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there No, this would not be a feasible way to acquire HIV infection. Talking, no matter how close and even with a little spittle, is a safe activity. Take care, LHW

Freaking out, please answer!!!!
Insect bites or KS