|Plase answer Dr. Wohl
Sep 21, 2013
I had an exposure on August the 11 where i was the insertive partner in anal act. I went to get a PCR RNA test at 3 week mark and it came back undetected <20copies/ml and undetected <1.30 log copies/ml. I am at my 5weeks and a half and took an oral mucous test yesterday and it was negative. Now I know that this is not conclusive until the 12 week mark, but what are my chances of having HIV after PCR RNA and this antibody test.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
I agree that with an HIV RNA that was undetectable at 3 weeks that the chances you were infected is incredibly low. I'd get that 12 week test just so you can dot that i and move on.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.