Cut in Foot!! Urgent!!

Hi, I was shopping at Walmart, and the cart cut my left pinky toe and it was bleeding quite a lot! It cut like a flap of skin off around the top of my pinky toe! Could this cause HIV transmission if someone with HIV had previously bled on the cart?? I am freaking out because those carts aren't clean and many people use them. Thanks so much!!

Hi No risk for HIV transmission in this manner! HIV transmission occurs when there is a prolong and direct exchange of body fluid this occurs mainly through sexual contact, anal or vaginal unprotected sex. If someone had cut themselves on the cart prior to your use and they had HIV there would have to be a significant amount of blood on the cart but the other thing to know is that once HIV leaves the body within minutes it has died and becomes unable to infect.

please help us doctor
Persistent HIV symptoms for 2 years