Please help out... I am so stressed out!

I will try to provide all details, so please read my every word. I both used condoms, and I don't think either of them failed

1) Its last year. I was given protected oral&vaginal sex from a sex worker. After ejaculation, I can tell my sperm was inside the condom. She said she was tested 6 months ago which was negative. However, starting the 2nd day after that sex, I had a fever (99.5-100.5) for nearly a week. I put a few all-nighters before, so maybe I was not in a healthy condition. Then I got several diarrhea in the following month (mostly after I ate some spicy food). I was so scared that I did not dare to go to hospital to test, so I bought the OralQuick In-Home test. I tested myself on the 3rd, 6th and 9th weeks and theyre all negative. But they said only a test after 3 months would be valid. I did not dare to test again after 3 months...

Q1: Do you think my three test results (OralQuick In-Home Test) at 3rd, 6th, and 9th weeks are sufficiently conclusive? I just heard that oral test usually detects antibodies later than blood test, but I found some replies on the forum said a test after 6 weeks is enough Q2: Do my fever&diarrhea have anything to do with HIV?

2) The second is 10-11 weeks ago. I was given protected oral and vaginal sex from a Chinese sex worker (in the US). She didnt know her HIV status at all and she didnt care about it that much... I used TWO condoms. During the sex, I felt sometimes the outer condom was quite dry (she had very little vaginal fluid), but I didn't use any lubricate. After ejaculation my sperm was in my inner condom, but the outer one doesnt look broken either. So far I haven't got any test, but this week, all the warts on my hands (I have had warts for 3 years but they were never like this) became very red and itchy. My girlfriend got a cold and cough, but recovered in 4 days

Q3: Do our symptoms have anything to do with the HIV at all? Q4: Do I need to be tested? Am I 100% free of risk?

Thanks soooo much!!!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Q1: 90 days is considered conclusive, but I would not expect your result to change between six weeks and 90 days, but would suggest a 90 day test just to be certain. Both a rapid oral and blood test detect antibodies at the same rate.

Q2: Your fever and diarrhea are not HIV related.

Q3: Your symptoms are not HIV related.

Q4: I do not think testing for HIV is warranted in this situation. Using a condom effectively protected you against HIV and many other STD's. Some STD's are transmitted via skin-to-skin contact. I would suggest testing for Syphilis 30 days from the last incident just to be certain.

In health,

Richard

condom is effective?
Still confuse