|Please help out... I am so stressed out!
Sep 19, 2013
I will try to provide all details, so please read my every word. I both used condoms, and I don't think either of them failed
1) Its last year. I was given protected oral&vaginal sex from a sex worker. After ejaculation, I can tell my sperm was inside the condom. She said she was tested 6 months ago which was negative. However, starting the 2nd day after that sex, I had a fever (99.5-100.5) for nearly a week. I put a few all-nighters before, so maybe I was not in a healthy condition. Then I got several diarrhea in the following month (mostly after I ate some spicy food). I was so scared that I did not dare to go to hospital to test, so I bought the OralQuick In-Home test. I tested myself on the 3rd, 6th and 9th weeks and theyre all negative. But they said only a test after 3 months would be valid. I did not dare to test again after 3 months...
Q1: Do you think my three test results (OralQuick In-Home Test) at 3rd, 6th, and 9th weeks are sufficiently conclusive? I just heard that oral test usually detects antibodies later than blood test, but I found some replies on the forum said a test after 6 weeks is enough Q2: Do my fever&diarrhea have anything to do with HIV?
2) The second is 10-11 weeks ago. I was given protected oral and vaginal sex from a Chinese sex worker (in the US). She didnt know her HIV status at all and she didnt care about it that much... I used TWO condoms. During the sex, I felt sometimes the outer condom was quite dry (she had very little vaginal fluid), but I didn't use any lubricate. After ejaculation my sperm was in my inner condom, but the outer one doesnt look broken either. So far I haven't got any test, but this week, all the warts on my hands (I have had warts for 3 years but they were never like this) became very red and itchy. My girlfriend got a cold and cough, but recovered in 4 days
Q3: Do our symptoms have anything to do with the HIV at all? Q4: Do I need to be tested? Am I 100% free of risk?
Thanks soooo much!!!
| Response from Mr. Cordova
Q1: 90 days is considered conclusive, but I would not expect your result to change between six weeks and 90 days, but would suggest a 90 day test just to be certain. Both a rapid oral and blood test detect antibodies at the same rate.
Q2: Your fever and diarrhea are not HIV related.
Q3: Your symptoms are not HIV related.
Q4: I do not think testing for HIV is warranted in this situation. Using a condom effectively protected you against HIV and many other STD's. Some STD's are transmitted via skin-to-skin contact. I would suggest testing for Syphilis 30 days from the last incident just to be certain.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Get Vd?
- Penis Discharge Sign Of Seroconversion
- Ache In Testicles After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.