condom is effective?
Sep 19, 2013
dear doctor, i read in body.com one person got infected with HIV even if he effectively and properly used condom every time. no other exposure he had. how is it possible?
Response from Mr. Cordova
I am not sure to what article or section of the site you are referencing. It's possible that the condom broke or came off and he didn't realize it.
For penetrative anal or vaginal sex, condoms remain your best defense against HIV and many other STD's. When used correctly and consistently they remain an effective barrier against HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B After Vaccine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.