The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Confused on how chlamydia is transferred? I have found nothing on being eaten out, but I think I could have contracted it that way.

Sep 19, 2013

Can you get chlamydia from being eaten out or fingered? If he touches himself and fingers me right after, could I get chlamydia that way. I am asking because my boyfriend was diagnosed with chlamydia. I need to be sure of how these things transfer for the future. I usually wouldnt be worried , but I keep getting UTI's and I have a strong vaginal odor, and lower back and pelvic pain. I am going to the doctor as soon as I can, but until then could you clarify how this is transmitted and give me a risk assessment? If I can't get chlamydia this way, why would I continue to get uti/bladder infection?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

If your boyfriend was masturbating himself, got infected fluids on his fingers and then immediately put those fingers inside of you, then transmission of Chlamydia would be possible. However, it is usually transmitted during unprotected vaginal, anal, or oral sex.

A UTI is not always sexual transmitted, so it's possible that what you are experiencing is not an STD, but based on your symptoms a visit to the doctor is most certainly in order.

Check out our section on Chlamydia for more information.

In health,


the antigen test v the antibody
condom is effective?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint