Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hiv through wound and drinking milk(*)
Sep 15, 2013

)Yesterday i went to massage parlor . I made a mistake by sucking her boobs and i felt a taste of milk in my mouth . Sometime my gums bleed . Is there any chance of infection this way by drinking few drops of milk from infected women if my gums bleed and milk come in contact with it ? 2) The second question which i am worried is that i had a small wound on my neck that happen few hours before while playing sport . When i finish massage and was changing the cloth , i saw that the wound was bleeding just a lit bit because the massage lady compress it . As in the massage center they turn off the light so probably the massage lady did not notice my wound . As soon as i saw my wound i come quickley to the massage lady and saw her hands . She had a cut on her hand from knife and when i compress i saw a small amount of blood coming out of her hand . I am so worried because during massage her wound and my wound can come in contact and blood transfusion can occur . So please answer my both questions , do i need to test for this specific incident ? (*)

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi There is no risk of HIV transmission from suckling breast, only mother to child as the child takes in a large volume and has many nutrients in it. For someone just sucking on the breast and getting a few drops is not a concern for HIV transmission. Second, the open wound on your neck, the risk of HIV transmission from this is extremely low, even with her open wound on her hand. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid for a prolonged period of time. The risk is extremely low for transmission to occur with your situation.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
follow up for blood touched penis tip
Next
dirty hands

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.