Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Concerned

My girlfriend and I went to a sex club where we had sex with another girl. I had a condom on but my girlfriend was fingered and we noticed she was cut from the other girls fingernails from being pleasured. 10 weeks after that my girlfriend had a minor sore throat, was extremely tired, had a slightly swollen lymph node and a rash developed on the truck of her body. The rash and swollen lymph node lasted approximately a 3 days but she was very tired for about 10 days. After she broke out in a rash she went to see the doctor about her symptoms but the dr was not to concerned as the rash was faint and the swollen lymph node was very minor. I have not had any symptoms myself. 2-3 weeks after those symptoms disappeared she began to get dry, itchy vaginal lips. There is no discharge but it appears red and dry. We are worried that the symptoms are ars?? Please help...

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

From what you're describing though, there wasn't any risk for HIV for either of you.

When a condom is used and doesn't break/tear, there is no chance to exchange body fluids. Therefore no risk for HIV.

When a person is fingered, there is nothing coming out of the finger to infect them. The only exceptions are clear, obvious, and extreme (e.g. a finger that is actively and obviously bleeding! Can you imagine fingering someone with your finger like that?). Therefore no risk for HIV.

I can understand where your girlfriend's doctor is coming from. The "symptoms" she's experiencing are so very common and caused for dozens of reasons (stress over assumed HIV risk for example). However, if she continues to experience physical things that feel out of the ordinary, by all means, talk to a doctor. But try not to distract the doctor with talk of HIV when neither one of you had risk.

Hope this helps!

Erik

sex worker-extremely worried and terrified
Oral sex with condom