Is my son at risk?

My son used the school restroom he said twice water was spraying from the pipes and hit his face and a little in the eye. I got worried that maybe the water in the pipes was dirty from the prior person maybe even blood in the water pipes. Does this situation put him at risk for hiv or hep? I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Hi No risk for your son for HIV or Hepatitis with this situation! Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid for a prolonged period of time and also HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and becomes unable to infect. This is why you cannot get HIV from sharing utensils, toilet seats, eating/drinking after someone etc....

Again your son is HIV free from this experience.

be well and stay safe, Shannon

Sex with a prostitute and worried.
I am so Stressed