Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

condom broke?
Sep 10, 2013

dear doc, i had sex with a prostitute last night. used a condom. at the end, when i pulled off, i didnt see any semen at the tip of the condom as it should be, rather, it was all up within the condom in the glans region and partly on the shaft as well. the girl too said, she didnt feel anything like a condom break/rupture. how is it possible for the semen to go up within the condom in the glans and shaft region with a dry tip? FYI, i continued to penetrate her for about 1 minute after ejaculation. can it be the coz of such strange position of the semen in the condom? should i be worried about HIV? thanks.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

I would not be concerned about HIV in this case. The condom protected you against HIV and many other STD's. It's hard to say, but my initial thought is that you did not leave enough space at the tip of the condom for your semen. When you ejaculated the fluid was forced up into the condom.

In the future, be sure to squeeze the tip of the condom as you are unrolling it onto your erect penis. Leaving space at the tip of the condom will leave a reservoir for your semen, and will help reduce the likelihood of the condom breaking.

In health,

Richard

Previous
How accurate is the RNA/PCR test at 3 weeks?
Next
Oral Sex 2 Days after taking Zithromax

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.