Bleed during rimming

Dear Dr. Richard Cordova , I hope you answer my question because I am really worried of HIV infection. I had an encounter with an HIV positive man 5 days ago i sucked his penis for a minute or so then he started rimming me for about a minute we also engaged in deep french kissing I know that i have a healthy mouth and i did not brush my teeth after that we masterbated and i went home the problem is when i went to the toilet and wiped my ass i found blood an my underpants and when i wiped my ass too this incident terrified me to death could i catch from hiv from his saliva knowing i had an open cut or the blood came from my hemorrhoids. now after 5 day i have a dry cough and a sore throat . what are my chances that i caught hiv i will be tested 4 week from the incident but till then i need your professional advice thank you in advance.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Your dry cough and sore throat are not HIV related. Your actual risk was low. HIV is not transmitted through saliva. In this case, he would have to be bleeding from his mouth for there to be a risk.

Transmission was unlikely. If you like, you can test at 28 and 90 days for your peace of mind. Your 28 day test is a good indicator of your true status, the 90 day test will confirm it.

In health,

Richard

extremely confused
Hiv inconclusive