extremely confused

3 weeks ago I came back from backpacking southeast asia. Upon my return home I went to a clinic to get routine testing done. I received a "reactive" rapid blood hiv test. They sent it in for more testing which 10 days later came back inconclusive. During that 10 day period of waiting, I took 2 oral swab tests on my own from Oraquick, a few days apart and both came back negative. So i went to an actual doctor for blood work. They ordered the ELISA and Western Blot tests. It has been another 10 days since I got my second set of blood work done and I still havent gotten my results back. I am a straight male and have never engaged in anal sex with either a man or woman. about 5 months ago I had vaginal sex with a woman with a condom on that broke towards the end. Unfortunately I kept going after it broke for a few minutes. I had been partially seeing a different girl for a while which we only had protected sex up until about 4 weeks before my initial blood test. We had unprotected sex but she had been tested before and was negative. Then just after that i had a drunken hook up with a random girl, which we tried to have unprotected sex in the ocean. It didnt really work. I couldn't put it in all the way so we stopped after trying for a few minutes. She also tested negative before and after our encounter. I'm sorry for the story, but it sets up my actual question. When I took my initial blood test I was on 2 different sets of antibiotics, because I cut my eye and needed stitches, and had a sinus infection. Could these skew the result of the blood test? And if I was infected by the girl I slept with 5 months previous to my initial blood test, wouldn't it have shown up on the oral tests? Its been over 3 weeks since this all started and I am exhausted. I still don't have my second blood test results yet, but I just want to know which is more reliable. The initial blood test being positive, or the two oral tests being negative? Thank you very much for your insight.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Antibiotics would not affect your test results, and any testing done at 90 days or greater is considered conclusive. It's very possible that you had a false-positive test result. It would seem more likely that the first one was a false-positive, then the two oral swabs being inaccurate.

Given the situations you described, transmission does not seem likely. Your follow-up tests should confirm that. Good luck.

In health,

Richard

clarification
Bleed during rimming