Sep 10, 2013
i have unprotectected sex with an hiv petient,lets say three days from now if i go to the hosptal ,will it going to show positive or how long will it show to be positive
Response from Mr. Cordova
It would depend on the type of testing you do. A PCR DNA or p24 antigen test could pick up an infection within the first couple of weeks. A negative antibody test at 28 days is a good indicator of your true status, but only a negative test result at 90 days would be considered conclusive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Medicine Is Used To Cure Gonorrhea?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What Causes Recurring Yeast Infections And Bacteria Vaginosis?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Gonorrhea?
- What Is The Best Way To Treat Genital Herpes?
- Can You Get Syphilis With Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.