Possible risk?

I have been worried sick about being exposed to HIV and Hep C that I am constantly cleaning my bathroom with bleach and water. I fear that if I do have something I will give it to my children as we sometimes share a bathroom. I just fear of catching HIV or Hep C going out and using public restrooms or going out in public and touching anything. This anxiety comes from a needle stick I had a couple years ago. The patient was negative and all my tests at 3, 6, and 12 months came back negative. I even had my doctor test me after a friend of my was talking to me and her spit went in my eye, I freaked out. My question is: realistically how possible is it to catch HIV or Hep C from public areas. Like concerts, sporting events, etc. Like using the bathrooms and what if someone is on their period and I use the same toilet? These things haunt my mind daily. Please advise on if any of these situations would pose a risk. HIV I am not so worried about but Hep C, yes. Thank you for your time to answer my questions.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Neither Hepatitis C or HIV are transmitted through casual contact like you've described. If consistent recurring thoughts like these are causing stress and anxiety in your life then I would suggest talking with a qualified mental health professional. They can help you work through the underlying causes of these thoughts.

In health,

Richard

Is a rapid HIV test accurate after 3 week of exposure?
scared to death ! help.